WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TEOSYAL® AND OTHER HA FILLERS?
The main point of difference is the patented cross-linking process: Resilient Hyaluronic Acid® Technology. It guarantees all our gels are highly efficient, safe and long-lasting. In addition, TEOSYAL® offers a wide range of products, customized for every indication.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PERMANENT AND RESORBABLE FILLERS?
Permanent fillers last longer than resorbable fillers in your skin. Their effect is irreversible. Consequently, removing the implant or correcting the result becomes very difficult. In addition, permanent fillers can cause delayed hyper-sensitivity.
It is highly advisable to use resorbable fillers for safer results.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HA FILLERS AND BOTULINUM TOXINE?
Fillers and botulinum toxine are both used to treat wrinkles. However, their mode of action is completely different.
Botulinum toxine is injected into the muscle. It causes local paralysis and thus reduces expression lines. It is a preventive method.
HA fillers are gels, injected under the skin to directly fill the wrinkles and smoothen skin surface. It is a corrective method.
IS THERE A MINIMUM AGE BEFORE I CAN GET HA INJECTIONS?
Only adults can get injections of the products.
Whenever the first lines appear, our products can be used. At this stage, TEOSYAL® PureSense Redensity [I] is the proposeed product as a part of a strategy to prevent the first wrinkles and rehydrate the skin thus preventing the appearance of deep wrinkles.
CAN ALL SKIN PHOTOTYPES BE TREATED WITH TEOSYAL® FILLERS?
IS TEOSYAL® COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER MEDICAL TREATMENTS?
It is important that you inform your practitioner about all medicines and food supplements that you regularly take as some substances might accentuate the possible side effects (Vitamin E, anti-inflammatories, anti-coagulants).
IS TEOSYAL® COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER FILLERS?
Injecting TEOSYAL® fillers in an area previously injected with permanent fillers should strictly be avoided.
Injecting TEOSYAL® fillers in an area previously injected with temporary fillers is not proposeed. If you wish to switch products, it is highly advisable you wait one year after your last injection.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD HYALURONIC ACID INJECTIONS BE REPEATED?
Normally the effect of an injection depends on the type of the product and differs from one person to another. For a biorevitalizing treatment with TEOSYAL® PureSense Redensity[I], the result lasts for 3 – 4 months. For a filling treatment using TEOSYAL® fillers the effect can last from 12 up to 18 months (TEOSYAL® Ultimate). Refer to your practitioner for more precise information.
WHAT ARE THE CONTRAINDICATIONS?
HA injections are contra-indicated and must not be used:
- In combination with peeling, laser or ultrasound-based treatments
- If the patient has cutaneous disorders, inflammation or infection at the treatment site or near to this site.
- In the case of patients having a known hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid, with a history of severe allergy or anaphylactic shock
- For TEOSYAL® PureSense range in the case of known hypersensitivity to lidocaine and/or amide local anaesthetic agents
- In the case of patients having a known hypersensitivity to one of the excipients of the supplemented phosphate buffer for TEOSYAL® PureSense Redensity[I] and TEOSYAL® PureSense Redensity[II]
- In case of patients with autoimmune diseases
- In pregnancy, breast-feeding mothers, or in children
- Sportsmen and women must be made aware of the fact that these HA products contain an active component which may cause a positive result in a drug test.
- Do not inject into blood vessels.
- Do not inject into the eyelids.
- On patients with bags under the eyes (existence of fatty orbital herniation) for Teosyal® PureSense Redensity [II]
For more information, please refer to the instruction leaflet of each product.
WHAT ARE THE POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS?
Although HA is a natural component of the dermis, its injection may provoke undesired effects depending on variable factors:
- External: type of product, technique, injected area, number of injections, volume
- Internal: phototype, medical history, skin tolerance and sensitivity
The side effects are generally benign, reversible and temporary*:
Onset after injection
(1 – 15 days)
· Hematoma, erythema, oedema
(15 days – 3 months)
· Infection (related to conditions of asepsis)
· Non-specific inflammation
1 – 6 months
(3 – 24 months)
· Allergy, erythema
1 – 12 months
(> 3 months – x years)
X months – permanent
Non-exhaustive list of side effects associated with the use of injectable wrinkle fillers
Source: ‘‘Topical report – Injectable products to fill wrinkles’’ - The French National Agency for Medicines and Health Products Safety (ANSM) July 2012.
*If you notice side effects after your injection, please contact your practitioner and/or TEOXANE Laboratories.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS SHOULD I TAKE BEFORE AND AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
You should inform your practitioner of all your medical and disease history and your current and past drugs and treatments.
BEFORE the injection:
It is strongly proposeed to avoid taking aspirin, anti-coagulants and anti-inflammatory drugs for a week prior to the procedure. Refer to your practitioner before interrupting any chronic treatment.
AFTER the injection:
Avoid drinking alcohol, taking a plane or doing any kind of sports for a period of 72 hours post-injection. Also, during the 15 days following your treatment, it is highly advisable to avoid dental treatments, aesthetic procedures of any type, sun exposure and extreme temperatures (icy weather, saunas, steam rooms, hot baths…).
WHEN CAN I SEE THE DEFINITIVE RESULTS OF THE INJECTION?
The results are instant but the definitive effect is visible after a few weeks.
DOES THE PRODUCT CONTAIN LATEX?
Our products and packagings are totally latex-free.
WHO CAN PROVIDE TEOSYAL® TREATMENTS?
Only qualified healthcare professionals should administer TEOSYAL® injections.
CAN OPENED SYRINGES BE RE-USED IF STORED PROPERLY?
No. After the injection, syringe, needle or cannula and any unused product should be disposed of immediately as this is a single-use device.
It is important you make sure your practitioner is using a new sterile syringe at the beginning of each session.