What are the contraindications of dermal filler injections?
Hyaluronic acid dermal filler injections are contraindicated and should not be used in the following situations (this list is not exhaustive)14-17:
• In combination with facial peelings, laser or ultrasound-based treatments.
• If the patient has cutaneous disorders, inflammation or an infection at or near the treatment site.
• For TEOSYAL® products containing lidocaine: patients with known hypersensitivity to lidocaine and/or amide local anaesthetic agents, hyaluronic acid or a history of severe allergy or anaphylactic shock.
• Patients with autoimmune diseases.
• In pregnant or breast-feeding mothers and in children.
• Sportsmen and women should be informed that hyaluronic acid dermal fillers contain an active ingredient which may give a positive result in a drug test.
For more information, please refer to the instruction leaflet of each product or speak to your practitioner.
14.TEOXANE Data on File.Teosyal RHA 1 Notice.
15.TEOXANE Data on File.Teosyal RHA 2 Notice.
16.TEOXANE Data on File.Teosyal RHA 3 Notice.
17.TEOXANE Data on File.Teosyal RHA 4 Notice.root 12